St Lewis Catholic Primary School
At St Lewis we fully recognise the contribution we can make to safeguard and protect the pupils in our care. The health, safety and well-being of all our children are of paramount importance to all the adults who work in our school. Our children have the right to protection, regardless of age, gender, culture or disability, in a safe, caring, Christian environment.
There are three main elements to our Child Protection policy:
- Prevention - through a positive school atmosphere, where our teaching and pastoral care gives support to pupils
- Protection - by following agreed procedures and ensuring that staff are trained and supported to respond appropriately and sensitively to Child Protection concerns
- Support - to all pupils and school staff through our aims of prevention and protection, especially those children who may have been abused
This policy applies to all staff, both teaching and non - teaching.
At St Lewis’ School we recognise that for children, high self-esteem, confidence, supportive friends and clear lines of communication with a trusted adult, all helps prevention.
Our school will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an ethos where children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and be listened to. This will be achieved through Collective Worship, the School Council and through the bond built up between staff and pupils.
- Ensure that children know that there are adults in school whom they can approach if they are worried or in difficulty.
- Include in the curriculum activities and opportunities for PHSE which equip children with the skills they need to stay safe from abuse.
- Ensure that whenever possible every effort will be made to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies using the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) and the Warrington Family Support Model procedures for multi-agency working.
- Engage support as early as possible in line with the Early Help Offer as articulated by the Warrington Safeguarding Board.
Meet the Safeguarding Team at St Lewis' Catholic Primary School
Designated Senior Lead:- Michael Boland Head teacher – Child Protection, Safeguarding Matters, Case Conferences, Multi Agency Meetings, CAF professional
Deputy Designated Senior Lead:- Helen Wright Assistant Head teacher –Child Protection, Safeguarding, Safer Recruitment, Case Conferences, Multi Agency Meetings.
School Safeguarding Team:- Michael Boland, Helen Wright
Safeguarding Governor including Child Protection, Safeguarding, Safer Recruitment – Tony Webster
Safeguarding Governors Committee:- M.Boland, Mrs C. Dolley, Mr T Webster.